Saturday, June 26, 2010

Life Drawing Gesture Drawing

Who would've thought the Maryland/DC area had quite a thriving art community? I suppose it makes sense when one thinks about it for a minute. I'd never given much thought to Maryland until the weird idea of moving here reared it's head my way. Anyway, that said I'm making it a point to go to life drawing every week these days. Not only is it refreshing, it's *vital* if one is going to continue progressing to the next level. Montgomery College in Rockville has a great community of artists and models that meet on the weekends to do Short and Long pose drawing/painting sessions. I'm sticking to Gesture drawing right now to loosen up. I look forward to becoming more involved in the coming months. Here are some highlights from June 2010. These are all roughly 5-15 min Gesture drawings. Sorry about the poor image quality. I have no lighting rig or image stabilization available to me in the foreseeable future.





2 comments:

sandy said...

Congratulations, very beautiful nudes, especially in 5 - 15 mn. I guess how much it is difficult.
Good continuation.

Ray Lederer said...

Thank you Sandy!