Monday, October 19, 2009

Parrothead!

I'm not really a Parrothead but my good friend and neighbor Tammy is. She has seen Jimmy Buffet perform 18(!) times! If she isn't a Parrothead I don't know who is. She also shares exactly the same birthday AND birth year as me! So for her birthday I painted on our birthday. It was as much a present to myself since I don't get the chance to practice painting with real paint all that often. So I got to work digging up a few references and 4 hours later Parrothead was drying on my makeshift easel. Happy birthday Tammy!


Materials: Clumsily applied Guoache & Prismacolor Pencils on Moleskine watercolor pad

2 comments:

Lianne said...

It's so cool to see your traditional work! My fave part is the sombrero and beak.

That's very sweet of you to do that; I bet she loved it! Also, Happy Belated Birthday!

Christmas Cookie Recipes said...

Good readiing this post