Wednesday, April 4, 2007


SpeedPaint: A remote-controlled green orc with lots of leather straps


I went all Frasnkenstien-y on yo asses - R:D

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Pastel Drawing

I went to an awesome weekly figure drawing session today in downtown Seattle. It's held in the Art-Not-Terminal Gallery ...a very nice set up downstairs in the Art Co-op.







Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Speed Paint




















Our Christmas Card this year - Merry Christmas Ya'll!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Jackson Pollack Web Doodler

Fun time waster...
http://www.jacksonpollock.org/

Friday, November 10, 2006

Giant Native American Earth Sculpture Found


Click here and zoom in to about 500 ft! Neat!

Friday, November 03, 2006

BUGS!

http://pishmo.com/macro/

Really cool images of bugs!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Music from the band called Annuals!

I've been listening to this over and over while I'm painting and I can't seem to get enough... I wish the rest of the album was like this. Here's the link from their website: Annuals - Carry Around

Saturday, October 28, 2006

30 minute speed painting: A reluctant cowboy flees a creature with hooks in a field of meteorites




















30 minute speed painting using random phrase generator...

Friday, October 20, 2006

Speed Painting


Some friends have started a 30 minute speed painting forum based on a random phrase generator. This week's phrase was:

"
An angelic scarecrow embraces an entity in the darkness."




Urania - Huge Collection of Italian Sci-Fi Cover Illustrations

http://www.mondourania.com/urania/uraniaelencopagine.htm

wow!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

We moved! ...and it is good!

If you hadn't heard - we moved to Kirkland, WA! This was a hard choice ... hold on... it's just been pointed out that I'm bottomless and blogging. Sorry. I'll put on some pants. Ok - where was I? Oh yes difficult decisions etc... well it wasn't so difficult. I really needed work HOWEVER(!) I wasn't ready to settle for working as a production artist anymore. I wanted to be illustrating full time again not just when needed to fill in a gap the full time concept artist couldn't get too. So now I'm a Concept Illustrator for Gas Powered Games.

For family and friends who don't know what that means, basically I get to draw spaceships, weird landscapes, and monsters all day long that gets used as reference material for other artists to construct objects, characters, and landscapes to be used in video games. Ja? Ja.

I can truely say I haven't been this happy personally and professionally in a long time. The only caveat is leaving Colorado. THAT was difficult. I left so many good friends there and so many new friendships that didn't have a chance to fully blossom. Leaving CO the state was exceptionally difficult - If you haven't been to CO it's quite possibly one of the most beautiful places on earth. Really. There's is rarely a day when the sun isn't out and the temp isn't perfect. The raw majesty of the Rocky mountains is awe inspiring no matter how long you've been there. There will always be a special place in my heart for CO and I will return. The next time I do - it will be permenant. Rane and I have discussed this many times and eventually we will find some land deep in the mountains and buy or build a home there. I need to build a portfolio and client network strong enough to support that dream. This may be far off however it's not impossible.

In the meantime I will enjoy the good fortune and fantastic opportunity I have with GPG to grow stronger. There is much to look forward to and I hope you'll all stay tuned and in touch with me ok?

Much Love!

Ray

Oh and I can't stop listening to this local radio station:


  • KEXP 90.3 FM Seattle


  • Give it a go some day. Wonderful variety of new and interesting music. Like many college stations... except better...%^P Realtime playlists and options to buy tunes directly from playlists... very cool!

    Monday, May 22, 2006

    More Humvee action...

    Now with more 'splosions!



    Humvee MK IV

    I had a request recently to design a slightly futuristic Humvee ... so here it is:


    Thursday, May 18, 2006

    BioMek Wallpaper


    Here's the final wallpaper I painted in Photoshop for Auto Assault. They'll have it posted soon in their wallpaper section... in the meantime here's a lower res version.

    Tuesday, May 09, 2006

    Sketchlunch | Archi the Barfly Vampire







    Tuesday, May 02, 2006

    Weapon Concepts

    The idea being lightweight infantry Low Recoil 'Bullpup' Full Auto Shotguns. These would be devastating urban combat weapons or equally effective suppression in low visibility jungle environments in ambush situations - especially if the rounds were mixed. Real world experiments with this concept are being played out right now. Apparently - because of the some of the design features - they require little or no maintence and actually self lubricate.

    Buckshot rounds mixed with Mini-Frag Grenades @ 400 rpm...


    Friday, April 21, 2006

    Wallpaper Sneak Peak!


    Here's part of a painting for Auto Assault I've been sitting on for a while now. Still waiting to show the rest of it in the next week or so when the whole thing will be downloadable.

    100 bullets sketch

    I ran across this one the other day. A couple of years old ...ahhh how things have changed;)


    Sketchlunch | Sword & Sorcery Quick Sketches

    Saturday, April 15, 2006

    Sketchlunch | Boardillo

    I started with markers and worked my way up with 5 colored pencils: Red Blue Yellow and Black and White.

    Thursday, April 13, 2006

    SketchLunch | Croc-O-Pig!



    Name credit to Mr. Geiger... Thank you sir!


    Wednesday, April 12, 2006

    Monsteriffic!





    I had lot's of fun painting this critter...!


    Tuesday, April 11, 2006

    Shout out to MMO land...

    My buddy Sean placed a link to my blog on his so I'm returning the favor. His is all about gaming with a slant towards MMOs. If you're into that go check it out. He's wicked smart and super cool!
    http://srhsrn.blogs.com/hardcoregamers/

    Also if you're into MMOs go check out the game I just finished working on: Auto Assault! It has NO orcs or elves... guaranteed!
    http://www.autoassault.com/index.html

    SketchLunch | Creature from the Brown Lagoon

    From today's sketchlunch...


    Cat Burgler


    This was originally a consignment from a good friend who wanted an image of his wife rendered as a cat burgler/super spy.

    Tuesday, April 04, 2006

    DareDevil Fanboy Art


    I have to admit I really enjoyed doing this. I'm embracing my super saturated color sense in my old(er) age. Musta got it from my Mom:) Hi mom!

    The mysterious Project Phantom!



    Concept request for friend

    A friend of mine requested a quick concept for a characer who is a high tech art thief.


    She's Knifey!

    Sarah Vowel as Death and other random stuff...

    Well ok - not so much...:) I couldn't think of anyone else this sketch looks like.


    Whattya lookin' at Snowflake?


    Some failed character attempts.


    that looks sorta cumbersome...

    Sketch Dump


    CRAAAAWWWW!!!!


    Quick and dirty... pinchy.

    Oxen

    Dusted this one off... a few years old.

    More of what I've been up to...

    What I've been up to recently...

    Monday, April 03, 2006

    Grand Opening

    Hi, I'm Ray and this is my sketchbook dump. Feel free to leave any comments.
    -R
    posted by Ray Lederer at 4/03/2006 10:52:00 PM 0 comments

    No comments: